14/06/2009

Why? - Hi-Dive, Denver, Co - 29.09.08



I haven't posted for a loooooooong long time and I really need to get back on the ball. I'm gonna make some changes here soon, nothing major just a bit of a design overhaul and a review section. I'm not going to get into the business of reviewing big time albums that everyone else is reviewing but I get emailed all kinds of crap asking me to review them them so I'm gonna do it. I'd imagine that it will be a case of me dissing 98% of stuff so I'm hoping to gain a reputation as "that site where our album will probably get a really bad review" and bands will just have to take a chance in the hope that they may be one of the 2%.

I've got a pretty good Casiotone for the Painfully Alone recording which I made in Bristol a couple of months ago which I'll be uploading next I think but for today I present to you Why? live in Denver last year. I thought Alopecia was shit when I first listened to it but Duncan over at Faces in the Sand kept raving about it so I gave it another go and a few listens later I was hooked. Finding out that they supported Silver Jews certainly helped me to learn to love them I think, although they sound nothing alike and the lyrics are very different one can certainly compare their wordplay. Both Yoni Wolf and David Berman have a way with words, it's as though they invented English between them and they have the ability to twist and turn words into shapes you would never think of.

This live recording and YouTube clips is all I have got until Yoni and Co. come back to the UK cause I've not been able to catch them yet. This 16 song set from Hi-Dive in Denver, Colorado features mostly songs from Alopecia and a few older ones, the sound quality is great, enjoy :-)

Why?
Live at Hi-Dive, Denver, Co
29th September 2008


The Fall Of Mr. Fifths
Song Of The Sad Assasin
Waterfalls
Gemini (Birthday Song)
Fall Saddles
Good Friday
The Vowels Pt. 2
These Few Presidents
The Hoofs
Rubber Traits
Yo Yo Bye Bye
Brook And Waxing
The Hollows
A Sky For Shoeing Horses Under
Sanddollars
Simeon's Dilemma

Download from any of these linksies:
Sharebee
ZShare
Radipshare
Badongo
Megaupload
Depositfiles

-

JOIN THE BOXING DUCK PAGE ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW THE BOXING DUCK ON TWITTER

3 comments:

patrick said...

Great stuff! Thanks a lot for the post

indavao said...

hi... just dropping by!
http://www.fileafro.com
http://mobileandetc.blogspot.com
http://kantahanan.blogspot.com

JanuskieZ said...

Hi... Looking ways to market your blog? try this: http://bit.ly/instantvisitors