15/10/2007

Big Black - Pigpile

Many, many, many, many moons ago I didn't get Big Black, then one day I was on the bus home from work and in a moment of madness put my iPod on shuffle, everyone knows this is the girls way to listen to music but I suppose I was feeling girlie that day. Just before Battlehill, Powder keg by The Fall (another band I didn't get) came on and suddenly I got them, when I got in I played the two albums of theirs that were on the shelf and loved them, I thought to myself "if I've suddenly got The Fall maybe I'll like Big Black as well now" and by golly it was true! If you don't believe me just check out this picture, not only am i wearing a hat thats three times too big for me but I'm proving my love for the band in the most classic of ways by sporting the "band t-shirt", I even have two of these now cause my guns out grew the first one and I got the next size up for Christmas last year off my lady.

me, me

So for about 3 years or something I searched ebay for a copy of the Pigpile VHS, I'd almost given up cause the odd ones that were listed were selling for about 40 quid a time and nobody in their right mind pays that for a VHS. Maybe all the other Big Black fans actually gave up cause I eventually got my copy for only twelve bucks, possibly the bargain of the century, or not. The thing is this video really sucks, seriously, its an embarrassment, I mean just look at this lame Myspace "me in the mirror" style photo I found in its room...

pigpile, myspace style

...oh, ok! I can't lie this video is amazing, unfortunately for you it's not getting any less rare so you'll probably never even get to see it, at least you may not get the satisfaction of actually finding a new friend that owns a video player, putting the tape in, rewinding it and praying that that it doesn't get chewed up. YouTube has pretty much everything including Pigpile but the problem with said site is that there are only two choices, small and bad quality or full screen and terrible quality.

Today is your lucky day cause over on stage6.divx.com some dude has uploaded the whole damned thing at pretty bloody good quality, much better than YouTube, still not as good as glorious VHS but wharrewwant?

Lock your kids in the bathroom for an hour and head over there NOW!

Buy Big Black albums on Amazon, the Boxing Duck! gets a percentage of whatever you spend so get your hands in your pockets!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where can you get a big black shirt?
I've tried looking everywhere.

Gregg said...

Yeah man, damn good question. I'd step over my own family to get one of the old "Big Black Power Tools" one, but any Big Black shirt is a good Big Black shirt.

MetaL* said...

http://www.8ball.co.uk/tshirt/3/80230/T-Shirts/Rock-&-Metal-T-Shirts/Big-Black-t-shirt---Do-It-Yourself/

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BIG-BLACK--DO-IT-YOURSELF---MENS---XS%2FS%2FM%2FL%2FXL%2F2XL_W0QQitemZ230336933150QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090414?IMSfp=TL090414164004r14048#ebayphotohosting